LED Lighting Luminaires

ledman

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, but I have been admiring the comments and level of help everyone gives to eachother regarding lighting.

I did want to offer my support and advise where I can on anything to do with LED Lighting using Luxeon,Osram or Cree LEDs.

Thanks

VUDO

Moderation - edited to remove advertising.

Just in case that info was over some peoples heads here.

The interesting info from Lumiled is the introduction of this new luxeon which offers vastly superior output in the same package.

Once this filters down into the manufacturers of LED products around Plasa, you will see a massive increase in light output from existing Luxeon based products.

Ian

Guest lightnix
I'm looking forward to seeing someone in entertainment lighting (or any lighting, for that matter) do something using Lamina products. They seem to be something of a darkhorse at the moment and I'm not sure why (marketing?) - they have some interesting items for sale.

I'm looking forward to seeing someone in entertainment lighting (or any lighting, for that matter) do something using Lamina products.  They seem to be something of a darkhorse at the moment and I'm not sure why (marketing?) - they have some interesting items for sale.

Efficiency ain`t anything to write home about.

Marketing machine works OK, pictures of 800W LED arrays held by guys in white lab coats and `Don`t Panic` shades looks good in papers.

Had a look at an RGB Lamina, what they`ve done is take standard LED dice and mounted it on to a Metal Core PCB similar to Lux Star with ceramic honeycomb to hold the bond wires.

In case of BL2000 7 wells in the honeycomb with 7 dice per well, so like 49 5mm LEDs in a 15mm square.Interestingly its 21 Red,Green and only 7 Blue dice so white is more balanced for video but gives poor blue only performance.

Each dice is pulling 30mA because of improved heatsinking, but efficiency isnt improved majorly.

Layout makes focusing optics a non starter.

New Coemar LED flood looks like it has remote focus pull with reflectors, Ian?

Heard that Color Kinetics were moving from using Luxeon to Cree X-Lamp and Osram Golden Dragon parts so competition should hopefully drive efficiency and brightness higher , faster.

Control systems may be a different case, check for that CK Approved Hologram on all compliant product......

Hi Mush

Don't you just love the names on here!

Coemar's new flood is supplied with no lenses at all. then then offer lenses in frames that clip on. nothing new there I am afraid!

ian

Thanks Ian

From the picture and description at:

http://www.pro-music-news.com/html/arch/e50312co.htm

.....step zoom, dimmer, strobe, built-in automated functions (even without controller), remote control, DMX 512, DR1 compatibility, IP66 protection rating.

(my empahsis)

was thinking it may be some kind of arrayed Mag-Lite type focus system with reflectors rather than lenses.ah well, Now where I leave that U.S. Patent application form...

also worth looking at the SGM palcos, they are hireable from lots of places now and the output from them is great, simple and bright what more do you need? ahhh LEDs

:blink:

Archived