Strand 300 monitor(s)

andy jackson

Hi, I have been using a strand 520 for a couple of years now with a past company and I know the ins and outs of strand inside out! having moved to a new position I am now using the 300 series which although on the same platform only has 1 monitor, which if annoying me! I have another monitor but no real idea how it will or wont connect, wether I need to buy a graphics card from strand or I can use a KVM to split the signal between two monitors, but would this sent the same sinal to both?!?

I know its not the end of the world, just shift page up, but I really like having 2 monitors to use!

any ideas?

Andy - confused of marple!

Kindred is right, but to add to that - a KVM is a device typically used to control multiple PCs (or any sources) with a single keyboard, monitor and mouse (KVM = Keyboard, Video, Mouse) and so that would do the opposite of what you want, it would allow you to use a single monitor and switch between viewing 2 (or more) consoles.

A regular VGA splitter would indeed simply display the same on two monitors. The only option is dual video cards :)

I talked to guy who just bought a cheap double video card and installed it, he knew his way aorund DOS and added the drivers.

only strand cards will work on the 300 , even though it looks like a standard pci buss , they have swapped a few pins about. also the hight inside the case is so small , off hand I don't know of any vga cards that will fit,

cheeper option if the desk has a network card, is to get the usb designers remote, it will allow you to view more screens on a pc/laptop/mac

ian

Archived