Line 6 spare parts in UK

boswell

Trying to get Beltpack spares in the UK is near impossible, I'm trying to get ,

50-02-5010 4-Pin Input Jack (metal)

30-27-0422 Battery Holder for TBP12

97-000-0022 Beltpack Battery Cover for TBP12

Can't find a UK supplier, Sites over the pond have them but do not want to deal internationally or have ridiculous shipping charges.

Has anyone got a contact name /phone number in UK

E&M don't want to know, they want me to send the pack in to have a battery cover replaced!!

Sontec.co.uk don't return calls.

Crikey! Line 6 are not fun to deal with.

I bought direct from Line 6 some time ago. But parted with the system soon after because of their terrible service.

If they sell to you direct you will have to chase and push a little. Don't let them fob you off with "not selling direct" because they do and will.

This is the only number I have for them if its still active

01788 566555

http://uk.line6.com/company/contact/

But its not on their site but google it and it comes up.

good luck. Stand your ground, its your kit and they made it!

Crikey! Line 6 are not fun to deal with.

I bought direct from Line 6 some time ago. But parted with the system soon after because of their terrible service.

If they sell to you direct you will have to chase and push a little. Don't let them fob you off with "not selling direct" because they do and will.

This is the only number I have for them if its still active

01788 566555

http://uk.line6.com/company/contact/

But its not on their site but google it and it comes up.

good luck. Stand your ground, its your kit and they made it!

Real petty, when I had a load of the Line 6 radios I dealt with their service centre in Rugby, and everything was always done next day for what seemed like a flat fee.

Since Yamaha took over and closed the Rugby office it all seems to have gone down hill.

When I was after some Line 6 spares last year I eventually found a helpful fella called Mark Wright.

He used to work for Line 6 and has some (limited) stock. Emailed him earlier today quoting the part no's you mention and he replied saying he may be able to supply.

His mobile no. is 07738 054642

Hope this proves useful to you.

soundman57 / Steve

Abbey Audio

Nottingham

Trying to get Beltpack spares in the UK is near impossible, I'm trying to get ,

50-02-5010 4-Pin Input Jack (metal)

30-27-0422 Battery Holder for TBP12

97-000-0022 Beltpack Battery Cover for TBP12

Can't find a UK supplier, Sites over the pond have them but do not want to deal internationally or have ridiculous shipping charges.

Has anyone got a contact name /phone number in UK

E&M don't want to know, they want me to send the pack in to have a battery cover replaced!!

Sontec.co.uk don't return calls.

Boswell already knows this from a private message, but for the record;

I contacted Sontec for some spares at the end of August - a battery door and a new ribbon cable after I had a battery go fuzzy inside one and leak its' contents all over the separate switch board and its' ribbon. Battery door was in stock but ribbon cable wasn't - said they'd ship when both were in. I chased the order at the beginning of November and they shipped the door saying that the cable still wasn't in. Still no sign of the ribbon cable but I've managed to repair it myself now by cutting it short and using a scalpel blade to trim down the original one to get some bare copper. Would still like to replace it when (if) the new one turns up though. Currently it's been 4 months.

This, when compared with my Trantec packs for which I can get a spare of everything within a day or so, is a bit disappointing.

Just had a reply from Sontec,

Input jack sockets low stock

Battery holders in stock

Battery covers Nil stock but in production expected in a few weeks

The email address I used was yamaha.spares@sontec.co.uk

so thanks to Cedd for the info

I've just rung them to order a couple of beltpack input connectors; the direct number for Yamaha spares is 01603 489421.

I get the impression that their preferred workflow is for you to email / submit web form to them first with what you're after and then phone once they've sent you a price. I'm sure it's possible to do it all on the phone but I suspect may take a while.

• 2 months later...

I'm still waiting on my ribbon cable ordered in August!

To be fair, the order I placed a couple of weeks ago came through this week, and I know there've been problems with this cable.

In the meantime I bought one of the super cheap V75 systems from Gear 4 Music and have used it as a spare instead.

• 2 years later...

Hi all, Found this thread interesting as I was looking for spares/repairs for my Line6 gear...almost impossible as you all say!

Found some guys on that popular auction site Eb** .. there is one offering to repair floor effects boxes like DL4 etc for £30 ... and another's selling the push-on Silver knobs used on Amps etc (I've lost some of those myself!!)

I've sent off my AM4 to see if its repairable...fingers crossed! I'll let you know how he does!

Hope this info helps, Cheers Mo

• 3 years later...