composite video splitter

hi

I need to run two projectors off a single composite source. can I just use a Y-lead as a splitter or would I need to boost the signal to get a good image? the projectors are going to be about 30m cable distance from the splitter and seeing as we're on a tight to non-existant budget it'l probably be of bell wire! (grrrr! I hate cheap school gigs!!)

thanks

tim

I really wouldn't use a passive splitter for composite!

You'll get some combination of double images (caused by reflections) and extra noise.

On bell wire it'll be bad enough to start with (although to be honest it doesn't make a great deal of distance on short runs).

It will kind of work, but you'll get a really poor image.

If budget is extremely tight, test it and see if you can live with the problem.

I really wouldn't use a passive splitter for composite!

You'll get some combination of double images (caused by reflections) and extra noise.

On bell wire it'll be bad enough to start with (although to be honest it doesn't make a great deal of distance on short runs).

It will kind of work, but you'll get a really poor image.

If budget is extremely tight, test it and see if you can live with the problem.

any idea where I can get a really cheap active splitter before friday?

tim

For a cheap compsite gig, using BNC cable, use a T peice. Not ideal, but it will work. I've done it before. Maplins, £1 each ish.

thats what I did at the total cost of about 6p for the length of cable I used!

anyway, just to update you, the event was today and all went off well without a hitch which is always nice! the splitter worked ok and I used one of those Maplin 4-way switches as mentioned above. pretty impressive projection for saying I spent about £16 total.

thanks for all your help!

Tim

Archived