Got transport in North East some time?

Just Some Bloke

Greetings fellow Blue Roomers. I have a small studio theatre set that needs to be collected from York and dropped off in Gravesend (Kent) any time between 21st November and 12th December. It consists of 11 small flats, the biggest of which is 8' x 4', the smallest 8' x 2', and a 'toy box'.

I wondered if anyone might be passing through the North-East down the A1 around that time with space on board who might like to make some extra cash by picking it up for me. Collection and delivery can be any time and don't have to be on the same day, so if you'd like to pick up one day and deliver another then that's fine. I need it on 12th December for the fit-up and the company building it will be finishing on 20th November.

PM me if you can help and many thanks in advance.

If you don't get any responses here, it might be worth a punt on Shiply.com, especially since the dates are flexible. I've had pretty good results moving all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff. This weeks consignment was two plasma cases (for 55" and 65" screens) which cost £65 to get from Croydon to Glasgow, with the courier calling ahead to set a pickup time. I've moved loose items before (PA cabinet carcasses) with no issues - the guys in this instance had a van full of bric a brac from assorted house moves but packed it all carefully.

Archived