marley flooring

Julian b

I need some black Marley flooring to cover a stage for a corporate gig - I have breakdancers, Circus performers on wheels and trick bikes using the stage. So I want a nice black marley flooring thats smart & durable. I was about to shell out £1300 for reversible pro from harlequin bur le Mark have a similar product called Nocturne for almost half the price does anyone have experience of le marks Vinyl floors? Thanks

Hi,

we use floors from both Le Mark and Harlequin. The Harlequin floors are by far more durable but are also heavier and pricer. Are you planning to store them afterwards or dispose?

Have you considered the grippiness of the floor also?

Breakers will want it to be fairly slippy (especially for the head spinners) but I presume that the wheeled performers would want more grip? The reversible pro works well for breakers but do make sure that they don't use a polish to make slippy patches as we found one group doing when in a mixed bill with ballet dancers who definitely would not have appreciated random patches where the floor changed grip ...

Do shout if you need more details on dance floors - don't want to seem patronising by telling you things you may already know

Hi

Thanks for your advice - yep we have considered the wheel needing grip and the breakdancers needing slip issues - and they are both happy with Marley - we will store it again afterwards and reuse but probably a few times a year rather than regularly.

Do you know how the harlequin surface compares with the le Mark as far as grip goes?

Thanks

Julian

Hi,

we use floors from both Le Mark and Harlequin. The Harlequin floors are by far more durable but are also heavier and pricer. Are you planning to store them afterwards or dispose?

Have you considered the grippiness of the floor also?

Breakers will want it to be fairly slippy (especially for the head spinners) but I presume that the wheeled performers would want more grip? The reversible pro works well for breakers but do make sure that they don't use a polish to make slippy patches as we found one group doing when in a mixed bill with ballet dancers who definitely would not have appreciated random patches where the floor changed grip ...

Do shout if you need more details on dance floors - don't want to seem patronising by telling you things you may already know

Depends on which grade of Harlequin you use - We would generally use reversible for breakers and cascade for ballet. To the point on a mixed bill programme where we will see if we can at least add a square of reversible for the spinners - lockers, poppers and top rockers can generally manage with the cascade.

No real experience with bikers tricking on floor I'm afraid.

The Le Mark floors seem to have a little more of sheen to them than the Harlequin reversible (not certain if you are going for more of a gloss, or a matt look).

I would say as well that the cheaper marley (from both companies) is more prone to taking damage so depending on what the bikes particularly are doing, it may be worth going for something a little more resilient if you are planning to keep it.

Whether you use their floor or not, Le Mark seem to have the best price on dance floor tape (Advance AT-7 50mm for anyone at home keeping score - definitely worth the extra cost over the own brand version) - they also stock bags and trolleys but never used their versions of these so can't comment on them

HTH

Archived