Mixing desk

MIKE900

Hi MIKE900, where are you located?

If you wanted to try out a Soundcraft FX16ii, I have one available for hire.

I wouldn't want to use a courier to send it though, would rather deliver/collect in person.

However, this will depend on your location relative to mine - I'm near Nottingham so if you're more than say, 25 miles away it's going to cost a bit more to cover fuel & time.

I'd also agree the Allen & Heath Zed-16FX or, a MixWizard with FX is worth a look too.

Steve

Abbey Audio

Nottingham

Have looked again at my previous suggestions. You're right in that there's not much to choose between the Soundcraft FX16ii and the Allen & Heath Zed 16FX.

Both have 3 Aux sends - with the Soundcraft only 2 of these are Prefade (Aux 2 can be switched for either Pre or, Postfade). The A & H also has Aux 3 as Postfade.

Maybe for your ease of use it's worth looking at say, the Soundcraft Signature series. The 16ch version for example offers more Aux sends than the FX16ii.

Yes it's more money if buying new (£474 from Thomann) but would be a great all in one mixer IMHO. It can be rack mounted too.

They do come up s/h occasionally, 1 sold on ebay earlier in October for £350 (no f/case).

The A & H MixWizard4 is a step up from the Signature and an excellent product but at a premium price.

Alternatively, as Simon Lewis mentioned, the Soundcraft GB2R (rack mount version) is also a very good quality unit and a used one will become available sooner or later.

This has 6 x Aux sends. However, you would need a separate rack with outboard FX so not as convenient as an 'all in one mixer'.

Any preferences yourselves?

Steve

Abbey Audio

Nottingham

1477734656[/url]' post='543945']

Have looked again at my previous suggestions. You're right in that there's not much to choose between the Soundcraft FX16ii and the Allen & Heath Zed 16FX.

Both have 3 Aux sends - with the Soundcraft only 2 of these are Prefade (Aux 2 can be switched for either Pre or, Postfade). The A & H also has Aux 3 as Postfade.

Maybe for your ease of use it's worth looking at say, the Soundcraft Signature series. The 16ch version for example offers more Aux sends than the FX16ii.

Yes it's more money if buying new (£474 from Thomann) but would be a great all in one mixer IMHO. It can be rack mounted too.

They do come up s/h occasionally, 1 sold on ebay earlier in October for £350 (no f/case).

The A & H MixWizard4 is a step up from the Signature and an excellent product but at a premium price.

Alternatively, as Simon Lewis mentioned, the Soundcraft GB2R (rack mount version) is also a very good quality unit and a used one will become available sooner or later.

This has 6 x Aux sends. However, you would need a separate rack with outboard FX so not as convenient as an 'all in one mixer'.

Any preferences yourselves?

Steve

Abbey Audio

Nottingham

Thanks I'll take a look

Archived