Strand LD90 Issue

georgejackson92

Hi guys,

We have three Strand LD90 dimmers in our venue, one has developed a fault. We've been told it's most likely the control card that has failed as it's not receiving DMX correctly. Our usual supplier has informed us the the dimmers as now discontinued (which I already realise, they are very old) and cannot source a replacement.

Can anyone point me in the right direction in regards to getting the dimmer fixed? I don't want to go down any DIY route.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! We're not really in the position to purchase new dimming this year!

Cheers,

George

Talk to WhiteLight - their service department can repair LD90 processors and suchlike - I think they do a part exchange service for processors too (they used to certainly) and it's a fairly east swapover to do.

A quick Google should find a phone number and please mention that Ian from CTS gave them a name check here :)

I had a similar issue with my EC90's recently but luckily know someone who is trained to service them. Turned out that the main incoming fuses for each rack, 3 per rack, had the first fuse for the first rack also being the fuse for the main processor. the second fuse also does the fans if I remember correctly. It will be a NH00 gL 10 amp fuse.

I had the complete fear that the dimmers were goosed and had even started to price up ow much 120 10 amp installed dimmers would cost. Turned out was a £3 fuse.

The fuses have a red plastic telltale on the front of them, if this isn't present on any of the fuses it means it has blown.

We've just decommissioned an old Strand Andi 12x5k touring rack, which had - if I recall correctly - an LD90 processor in the top of it. This is now Surplus to requirements - if you like, I'll find out if we'd be agreeable to selling it as a replacement for yours, if that's what the problem turns out to be?

Archived