House Light/Working Light Controller

gdavey

So my old tried and trusted house light dimmer has died, and I need to replace it. But rather than just replace I am looking to upgrade, by installing an all in one system that also controls my working light. It needs to be switchable so that I can control it from my desk when needed, and I need a controller for it in 3 separate locations.

Any thoughts...

On a side issue I am at the same time replacing my ancient 500W halogen flood houselights with something a little more economic and up to date. I was thinking LED floods, unless anyone here had anything wildly exciting. I am also thinking about replacing my working light with large LED panels. I still haven't been in to a theatre that has great working light that doesn't blind you when you look up. Anyone here got any thoughts?

On a side issue I am at the same time replacing my ancient 500W halogen flood houselights with something a little more economic and up to date. I was thinking LED floods, unless anyone here had anything wildly exciting.

LED floods? You ain't gonna dim them...

GDS arcsystem are lovely but expensive.

LED white light pars (dim by DMX) might be a cheaper possibility? e.g. https://www.thomann.de/gb/stairville_dcl_flat_par_18x4w_2in1_cw_ww.htm

We've sold a lot of these to folks for houselights.... LEDj Slimline COB

The removeable lens means that they're versatile over a long'ish throw but good with the lens off for short throws and give a nice even cover. Use the warm white version if you want to use them as houselights too - they'll feel a bit more 'homely then - cool white feels too clinical for me. All they need is some power and DMX and hanging on a bar or bracket - they're not exceptionally heavy.

Archived