Htp Atributes On The Fat Frog

Ben

Does anyone know how to set a submaster on the fat frog to HTP instead of LTP?? I cant seem to find anything about it in the instructions and I would like to do it for atributes of moving lights that are set to the submaster so I dont have to set them to home to stop the movemen/ colour scan etc...

quick responses apreatiated as I am fitting up and running tommorow and time is of the essence.

all help apreatiated

Ben

If you're running the desk in Partial mode, you can detag all the fixtures before recording, thus making the fader HTP only.... or alternatively, if all you want are Generic channels, you can set this in Super User...(Set Submasters to "Generic" in the Desk Defaults section of super user)

HTH

PS: Hows 9 minutes for quick?

9 mins is not bad...

what I have are some quick and easy "disco" effects set on subs but I wnat to be able to stop them at any point without them changing place, sort of like if you hit the pause but just by nocking the submaster down so others can continue without pausing at the same time. however all the atributes of the movers are used as LTP on the faders and so I cant just stop them by taking the fader down. I have done this on many other desks like the pearl and strand desks. im sure there must be a way of doing it on the frog but I cant seem to work it out and im getting a bit desperate.

Ben

If, as I understand it, you are wanting the 'hog' style of sub, where a sub will take control of the attributes of lamps so that they can be forced to 'listen ' to it, then sadly that is not possible on the frong, as far as I am aware(!)

The only control that you have is LTP on all atts other than INT, so the sub will always behave in that fashion.

I dunno if there is anyway around your problem, as I can't remember how it all works, you could do something like setting up a position pallete with the movements etc set to off, then you could just select the fixtures you want and hit that, which would stop them, but I think it would also record the position as well, which would not be so good!

try www.frogsupport.com if you haven't already

What about recording two subs - one for HTP and one for the LTP chase.... you could even do a whole bank of subs.... sub1 = position chase, sub2 = colour chase, etc....then you can pause each movement using the pallets (or a master sub...sub12=all atts)

It's a bit of a bodge, and requires the operator to be awake

I was wanting to use the frog function for some of the atributes such as movement and set others such as colour and gobo as fixed, this is easy to do but I need the fixtures to stop moving when I take out the sub, I dont mind much if they keep the colour and gobo or not but its the stopping the frog function thats got me stuck without setting another sub as a stop, the problem with this is if I use the colour as a frog and the movment as a frog it will have to go to the position of the new sub before stopping and will not stop untill it gets there

(I hope that makes sense)

It is possible to record attributes to the submasters.... for example a colour but nothing else....... so movement, focus etc remain unchanged.

So you can have some subs... where only position is recored..... others with colours and other for gobo etc

Its very easy to set up..... but you need to be in Partial mode......

Hi folks,

I read and responded to Ben's original request for help on the Frog Support Forum before I saw this topic. :P

Hopefully, between us we have answered all his questions.

If you need any further help. please contact me on the Frog Support Forum.

well after an 18 hour day the gig was up run and is out :S

thank you everyone for your help it all went very well (well the desk bits did...) in the end so thank you to everyone for your help on this matter

Ben

Archived