Jester ml control from mulitplay

nikkicallaghan

I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere but my search didn't come up with results so I apologise in advance. I'm doing a show running lights from a jester ml 24/48 and sound from multiplay in a laptop. I'd like to be able to trigger the go button for standard memories from multiplay using midi but don't seem to able to work it out. The manuals for both have not been overally helpful. If this has been covered elsewhere and someone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere but my search didn't come up with results so I apologise in advance. I'm doing a show running lights from a jester ml 24/48 and sound from multiplay in a laptop. I'd like to be able to trigger the go button for standard memories from multiplay using midi but don't seem to able to work it out. The manuals for both have not been overally helpful. If this has been covered elsewhere and someone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

I had a similar problem a while back and concluded that it was not possible. Problem is that Multiplay will not send MSC commands, only MIDI notes. I tried to look for software that would send MSC commands when it recieved MIDI notes from Multiplay but due to time constraints had to give up.

Unfortunately Multiplay is not in development any more so the chances of this feature being added are virtually nil. You could look into payware products such as SCS which would do what you want. At the end of the day a workaround would be very fiddly at which point running two separate cue stacks looked easier.

1470553240[/url]' post='541363']
1470535162[/url]' post='541362']

I had a similar problem a while back and concluded that it was not possible. Problem is that Multiplay will not send MSC commands, only MIDI notes. I tried to look for software that would send MSC commands when it recieved MIDI notes from Multiplay but due to time constraints had to give up.

Unfortunately Multiplay is not in development any more so the chances of this feature being added are virtually nil. You could look into payware products such as SCS which would do what you want. At the end of the day a workaround would be very fiddly at which point running two separate cue stacks looked easier.

Thanks for the advice. Luckily I'm running both and there's not many cues so I'll just use fx live 2 for sound on my iPad and have 2 go buttons. Thx anyway

I can't say about Multiplay but I believe Jester triggers submasters from music note input. So although you couldn't use the cuestack you could trigger subs.

The MIDI control is hard enough to get working even if you are able to output MSC as it needs enabling in the Setup menu and doing so disables the USB keyboard.. as the use the same hardware.

1470598698[/url]' post='541373']

I can't say about Multiplay but I believe Jester triggers submasters from music note input. So although you couldn't use the cuestack you could trigger subs.

The MIDI control is hard enough to get working even if you are able to output MSC as it needs enabling in the Setup menu and doing so disables the USB keyboard.. as the use the same hardware.

I'll have a play when I'm rigging it all but as you say it sounds a faff

Archived