Demux cables

gibbothegreat

Hi all,

I have a show coming up which requires extra dimming, and given the length of run it would make sense to use our existing analogue Act 6 dimmers, rather than hire in. To do this, I propose to buy an Elation 72-channel DEMUX, however the output on these is in the shape of a 25-pin D-sub connector, and Elation, curiously, don't make any breakouts for these (despite the manual having a part number for this - but did confirm with Elation themselves this morning.) I can make some up, hopwever, just wondering if anyone knows of an existing source for these? The connectors on the Act 6 are 8-pin DIN, and the breakouts would need to have male connectors.

Thanks in advance

Unless my times-tables are wrong 4x 8 pin, or even 4x 6-pin plus common +10v & ground, comes to more than 25 pins.

You don't need the +10V as that's a power output from the dimmer to run an unpowered demux, but this one has its own power, so it's just 4x6chan plus ground = 25

Archived