Yamaha P3500

Rich

Evening all.

I've got an old Yamaha P3500 (that's the original 3U one), and I want to run 2 HF drivers off it, trouble is they're 16 ohm drivers (JBL 2426J's), and 16 ohms isn't listed in the manual. Will the amp mind being run at 16 ohms?

Cheers for your time. Rich

I guess it'll just run at a lesser output power wise.

As far as I've known, (Though I give the Pro's permission to put me right here), is that it's just having too little an impedance to drive will cause the amp to complain.

Amps state a minimum impedance they'll accept, but I've never hear of power amplifiers stating a maximum impedance.

If they're open circuit proof, then pretty well any highish imedance will be tollerated.

I've got an ancient HH250+250 running a 100V backstage relay system WITHOUT the transformer - the other channel is permanently open circuit. It's been like this for years, never got around to putting the transformer on it to bring it back down to 8 ohms.

Archived