DMX programming

Andyb75

hi guys apologies in advance as this post should really be in the beginners section but this area seemed to be getting a more up to date responseI've got got back into DMX programming the singer I'm working with has bought some mini moving heads there Chinese made but seem pretty good for the money All seems good after some time getting them addressed! The manual is very limited! I'm using a Martin freekie controller all was good I saved about 3 scenes pressed store but then knocked the power lead and the scenes were goneDo you know if this controller has an internal memory? So with these controllers when you power off and disconnect it does the freekie store all the info I checked the manual and it says nothing of an internal batteryI really don't want to set up the fixtures and scenes everything we do a gig any thoughts

I haven't ever used one, but basically yes of course it should remember the memory when it loses power. There is nothing in the manual to suggest that the memory is lost when powering off. But it is possible that the internal battery needs changing but I can't find any mention of this in the manual.So is is possible it is soldered on and the assumption was that it wouldn't die in the unit's llifetime. Probably need some input from other Freekie owners as I am only guessing.

As per page 21 of the manual:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjont7TkfrNAhWnJ8AKHW0UD9IQFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmartin.com%2FMartin.Download.aspx%3Ffile%3D%2Ffiles%2Ffiles%2Fproductdocuments%2F11_MANUALS%2F999%2FUM_Freekie_EN_D.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHcP8Fs8BBmQB9f_DUF0zV9ScALag&cad=rja

I would say it has a NVM. Reading the troubleshooting section, it may be that you havent lost the cues you entered, but have the fader control activated, which will override your program - or you may not be storing the cues fully - Are you hitting "edit" at the end, to exit the programming?

All this is from just reading the manual - I have never used a freekie.

I've moved it here where it's better placed.

For info - most members use this forum by the view new content button - so see everything. Other forums seem to have members who only read certain sections, but view new content seems the most popular method here - so one section doesn't get better responses than others.

Paul mods

Archived