World record event - videoing

taylord

A colleague at work is attempting to break a world record of the longest game of rugby (31 hours). How's the best way to go about videoing for this long? Multiple cameras with SD cards? Camera recording to capture software on PC?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated please. Got about £450 to spend.

In the process of trying to sort something using a Laptop, 2TB hard drive, capture software and handycam. Not ideal, I know but it's all very last minute and the event is on Saturday.

If all else fails, can you supply equipment for £450 to the Northwest by Saturday? I can put you in touch with my colleague if so. I must admit that I'm not sure how tech savvy the people will be there.

I can supply you with a hyperdeck and SSDs big enough to record for 31 hours without changing disks and also a camera if you don't have a suitable one.

Is this for evidence purposes or for actual use to show people?

I'd be looking at a CCTV system with a couple of decent quality cameras. Use these for the evidence bit and any wide shots. I'd then go with a decent standard video camera and film a few minutes of "interesting stuff" every hour or so. Nobody is going to want to see 31 hours of video, so why not be a bit more picky in what you record and then in a shorter video people can see the light change and the game continue. You could maybe even set up a timelapse camera too that captures a picture every minute. This would again show that play continues as the light changes, but in a much shorter and more concise way.

Archived