LED Mini Mover recommendation?

bricummo

Hi guys,

I'm in a band who tours Europe regularly and we have to fit our gear in either the hold of a night liner or a trailer.

I currently own 16 IMOVE 250s and some 250W but were having problems with weight restrictions in venues and also physical room.

I've been pointed to the new ADJ Inno Spot and Prolight Equinox which are tiny and have decent output albeit missing some features of a proper Mover, but being a Genesis tribute were trying to emulate 400 Varilites so it's more a case of as many beams as possible ** laughs out loud **.

I've also looked at the Showtec Phantom 50s which seem to be great but was wondering what you guys would recommend?

Cheers, Brian

We had someone bring in the Phantom 50s a couple of weeks back and they were mostly very impressive for the cost.

Light output, gobo's and colour rendition was sound; however the dimming was very poor at the bottom reaches - very, very steppy.

That was the only negative however.

I've never used either of those units, but I wouldn't buy the Phantom 50 if smooth dimming was critical to my needs - theatre work particularly. If it was eye candy for a band and I could live with the poor dimmer curve, and the savings versus other options were significant enough, I would buy them.

From memory the Phantom 50s don't have focus which makes them just about useless for theatre or similar use.

As eye candy they would probably be fine.

James.

Yeah, noise isn't really a problem for us as well be making a lot of racket with two drum kits! :)

A friend of mine pointed me to the Aliexpress site and the 30W movers they have on there, seems too good to be true and a lot of risk?

Anyone on here know of this place?

Hi, I used the phantom 50,s on a ABBA tribute touring Holland a couple of years ago as we had the same issue on space and weight saving.

they were great as eye candy using some flown low on a rear bar and other ground staked on risers etc.

yes would not recommend for theatre use , but for a band there is enough in them to do some good looks.

ps I did have a custom gobo made as the flower gobo is pants so I had a reducer spot made so I could do "beams" for use on "supertrouper" and for lighting M/ball special.

no problem all worked and are bright for a 50w led.

PM me as I have not used my units for a time and may sell off

thanks

Archived