Making Snippets controlling LR routing on X32

timsabre

I am using an X32 this week on a show. I have SFX from a laptop, and I am trying to create snippets which will either route the laptop to the main PA (on the main LR outputs) for some FX, or just to stage wedges for other FX.

The stage wedges can stay routed throughout, so basically I am just trying to switch the main LR routing on and off using the snippets. But I cannot get it to work, I think I am probably not selecting enough boxes in the snippets screen...

(this image is just to show the options available... not the boxes I have selected - I have selected Ch 32, which is the FX channel, then centre/mono on the right hand side and/or config under parameters and routing under console, but this does not seem to have any effect)

http://www.sabretechnology.co.uk/downloads/snippet.png

I'm not sure you can do what you want..I would need to have a play because I haven't done it before but if you have a couple of spare channels (including aux ins) there is a nother option. simply do it on mutes and double over the channel. any channel can take an in from any place so set your ins on your spare 2 channels to mirror you ins for the laptop - make one set of channels foh only and take the other set of channels out of LR. then mute which ever you don't need and automate the mutes on a snippet.

I'm not sure you can do what you want..I would need to have a play because I haven't done it before but if you have a couple of spare channels (including aux ins) there is a nother option. simply do it on mutes and double over the channel. any channel can take an in from any place so set your ins on your spare 2 channels to mirror you ins for the laptop - make one set of channels foh only and take the other set of channels out of LR. then mute which ever you don't need and automate the mutes on a snippet.

Thanks, I ended up doing this though I had a spare DCA so just put it on that.

I can only think hardly anyone is using the snippets feature because there is pretty much no information available about how to use it further than controlling mutes and fader levels.

Archived