Future light MH660 Problem

judokabdg

Hello Guys

I have set of 5 Futurelight MH660 once I turn them on these will go thru reset procedure . Then four out of five heads will reset to one position - fifth is at 90 degrees copper to other four. Any ideas how to get these to be in same position? Just to clarify all heads are in the same position .(lcd pointing in the same direction)

Does this happen when they are connected to your desk? If so, it might just be some stray data affecting the one head. Try powering your heads up without any data cables attached to any of them.

As well as the Hall sensors, your heads will have a micro-switch that is used to determine the end point of pan movement. Theres an arm which activates this switch, and the one on your faulty head might be the cause of your problem. With the power off, slowly pan your heads until you hear a click, then pan them back in the opposite direction. You should be able to pan the heads for one and a half turns. If you can't, then you've got a problem with the micro-switch arm.

Hope this helps

The mh660 uses a combination of a hall sensor for the pan reset position and a quadrature opto through a slotted disc for position feedback. The hall sensor is partially under the main pan gear under the head yoke, and the encoder wheel is mounted at the end of the pan motor shaft. If the hall sensor is faulty the head will bang against the hard stop as it resets (this will be obvious). If the encoder is faulty it will lose its position in use and might even throw up a pan sensor fault after a while.

I'm assuming this is a fault that's just happened and isn't a result of messing or incorrect assembly after it's been repaired somehow.

Check for mechanical damage; clean the encoder and do a factory reset before suspecting anything electronic. :)

• 4 months later...

The mh660 uses a combination of a hall sensor for the pan reset position and a quadrature opto through a slotted disc for position feedback. The hall sensor is partially under the main pan gear under the head yoke, and the encoder wheel is mounted at the end of the pan motor shaft. If the hall sensor is faulty the head will bang against the hard stop as it resets (this will be obvious). If the encoder is faulty it will lose its position in use and might even throw up a pan sensor fault after a while.

I'm assuming this is a fault that's just happened and isn't a result of messing or incorrect assembly after it's been repaired somehow.

Check for mechanical damage; clean the encoder and do a factory reset before suspecting anything electronic. :)

Kevin you was right . I was complete idiot and I re-assembled incorrectly my light. Thank you

Archived