Nexo ps15 td mk11 controller

paulbrown

Does anyone use the nexo ps 15 cabs with this controller , and has the controller been trouble free ??. This has disappointed me beyond belief. Great sound but an unreliable controller does not

give me any confidence to use this with out thinking when will it breakdown. This is the second time its in for a repair after shutting down and blowing the 100 milliamp fuse. The nexo company

Fuzion fixed it very quickly to be fair to them, this time its with sse, they were not sure if they could repair this in house or would have to go back to Nexo in France. More worrying though was the

fact that another controller by nexo the NX421 was also on there repair bench, this was one I was looking to upgrade to. I used Bose for years, and never had a problem like this ever. My question

now is can this speaker system be safely used with out this troublesome controller, say with a graphic to get the sound required ?. I know this controller keeps the power in check and stops any nasties

blowing the the speaker at high volume with some kind of sensing wires, and the ps sound not that good without it. Does anyone know a company who could fix the controller or has anyone experienced

what I have. Just need to resolve this issue with an otherwise great sounding system. I am using a martin audio 2.8 which is a lab gruppen re-badged I'm told. Thanks for any advice .

• 3 weeks later...
1461974196[/url]' post='537937']

Does anyone use the nexo ps 15 cabs with this controller , and has the controller been trouble free ??. This has disappointed me beyond belief. Great sound but an unreliable controller does not

give me any confidence to use this with out thinking when will it breakdown. This is the second time its in for a repair after shutting down and blowing the 100 milliamp fuse. The nexo company

Fuzion fixed it very quickly to be fair to them, this time its with sse, they were not sure if they could repair this in house or would have to go back to Nexo in France. More worrying though was the

fact that another controller by nexo the NX421 was also on there repair bench, this was one I was looking to upgrade to. I used Bose for years, and never had a problem like this ever. My question

now is can this speaker system be safely used with out this troublesome controller, say with a graphic to get the sound required ?. I know this controller keeps the power in check and stops any nasties

blowing the the speaker at high volume with some kind of sensing wires, and the ps sound not that good without it. Does anyone know a company who could fix the controller or has anyone experienced

what I have. Just need to resolve this issue with an otherwise great sounding system. I am using a martin audio 2.8 which is a lab gruppen re-badged I'm told. Thanks for any advice .

hI Paul

iVe been running PS15s, LS1200s and the MkII controller for 4 years and have never had this issue. In fact, to my ears, at their second hand value, I don't think much beats these systems - they sound incredible - when you compare them to new stuff, they more than hold their own.

To answer some of your questions - no you definitely should not run the PS15s without a controller. More than any other cab I'm aware of, the PS15s are entirely dependant on their controller. I don't know what magic lives within it - but don't go without it!

Are all of your sense wires definitely connected properly? I had an issue where I had mine the wrong way round, which ended up costing me a diaphragm (doh!) - maybe this is what is causing your issues? You know that they are entirely separate to your speaker cables right? (Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs!) personally use the speakon outs for speakers, and binding posts for sense leads.

Is your unit definitely set to a passive set up? They can be run active with an additional controller - but if you're not doing that, then the unit needs to be set to passive.

I'm not sure what else to suggest - mine have been brilliant for me - no doubt I've cursed that now...

Good luck!

We've been running 14 x PS15 boxes (as monitor wedges) in our largest Venue for near on 8 years with no faults with the Nexo TD II Controllers.

Can't imagine what you're doing wrong as its nearly a bulletproof system.

I would venture to suggest monitoring your power supply input to the controller units, as a power spike (as in fluctuating power surges), from the outside street supply may be contributing to the unit blowing fuses.

We have installed a power conditioner in the Venue to ensure a constant supply of 240 volts (Australian standard power supply), the conditioner draws anywhere from 256-264 Volts from outside street supply (at peak), however, the conditioner will only output to the amp racks/power distro at a constant 240Volts.

Some units we buy new, from overseas suppliers, rate 220-230 volts power input, we have found that any fluctuation over 240 volts WILL fry the internal fuses as any input over 240 disrupts the manufactures tolerances.

Maybe worth a look.

We installed the power conditioners, as we frequently have overseas acts from the UK & US performing on stage, and use it to protect their touring equipment. It's been invaluable to us, and the touring parties, to ensure stable power supply to stage, and protect our multi million dollar P.A.

Archived