Gelstream Scrollers analogue control

Robertdazzler

Gelstream can be controlled by either DMX or +10V analogue as provided. An option is available to internally change the analogue to -10V ( Strand) or 5V. Jumpers j1 and J2 are provided but instructions are very vague about this aspect. I am assuming that one jumper sets polarity and one voltage but which one? I could use DMX but that ties up precious channels. I have a couple of Strand analogue desks and would prefer to use these.

I have had all the information available from AC Lighting but this aspect is not adequately covered. Suggestions please.

Hi Alex

Possibly is the answer. Gelstream has its own internal power supply so if only one unit was concerned we are only talking potential difference so fine. I want to control 4 units from a common analogue desk so all 4 units will be commoned together on the positive line which may not be good. I am reluctant to try it as I can't risk damage because so little information is available for these things.

Archived