Using QLab to control Zero 88 Jester 24/48

callumh26

I have QLab 3 and a Zero 88 Jester 24/48. I want to be able to use QLab to trigger cues that have already been programmed in on the jester. So basically want to use QLab to control the GO button on the jester. Do I need to use MIDI Show Control (MSC) or SysEx or something else? I have a usb to MIDI lead so does anyone know how I set this up on QLab?

Many thanks in advance.

I have QLab 3 and a Zero 88 Jester 24/48. I want to be able to use QLab to trigger cues that have already been programmed in on the jester. So basically want to use QLab to control the GO button on the jester. Do I need to use MIDI Show Control (MSC) or SysEx or something else? I have a usb to MIDI lead so does anyone know how I set this up on QLab?

Ask this question on the QLab forum. Not only is it full of expert users, it is also full of QLab tech support personnel.

Mac

From the jester manual.

MIDI Show Control

MIDI Show Control (MSC) operates in Run Mode only. Supported Commands to control the memory stack are:

? GO

? STOP (Pause)

? RESUME (Un-pause)

? TIMED_GO (maximum fade time is 5 minutes)

? LOAD (Set next memory)

? RESET (Go first memory)

Cue number is mandatory for LOAD. Cue numbers are optional for GO, STOP, RESUME and TIMED_GO. Commands are ignored if the cue number is invalid or is not programmed on the desk. Any Cue list and Cue path numbers sent by the controller are ignored by the desk.

The following supported commands control the overall output from the desk:

? ALL_OFF (Blackout ON)

? RESTORE (Blackout OFF)

The desk listens for MSC commands that have command_format 'Lighting' (0x01), or 'All-Types' (0x7F). The Device_ID 0-111 that the desk listens to for MSC commands can be set using the <MIDI Setup> menu. The desk will also listen to the MSC broadcast Device_ID (0x7F).

I haven't done it myself, but should be fairly straightforward

Archived