Showtec Pixel Track Pro DMX Issue

barnsboy

Hi there,

The company I work for has a sizeable amount of Pixel Track Pros and recently we bought a Jands Stage CL lighting desk 'made for LEDs'.

The desk works fine with all of our Pixeltracks except for one which simply goes haywire when you turn any dials on the desk. The fixture works absolutely fine on a simple lite-puter 8 channel desk (in 4 channel mode RGBI) and I tried to replicate the set up on the Stage CL by programming four dimmer faders but the pixeltrack still goes crazy.

So obviously if the desk works with the rest of the fixtures then it is something wrong with this particular pixeltrack pro and the way it reads the signal. The Stage CL must send its signal differently from the 8 channel desk? I'm very confused by the whole issue and am not entirely sure how to remedy it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

This will almost certainly be a wiring issue within the fixture. Sounds like the DMX ground wire may have become detached. The liteputer console probably has a ground connection to mains earth which is completing the DMX circuit but the Jands doesn't, or something like that.

This will almost certainly be a wiring issue within the fixture. Sounds like the DMX ground wire may have become detached. The liteputer console probably has a ground connection to mains earth which is completing the DMX circuit but the Jands doesn't, or something like that.

You were exactly right! Thanks for the help.

Archived