Mac 250+ Problem

JDLX

Hi everyone,

Im relatively new to the moving lights scene having worked with generic stuff for about 7 years. I recently purchased a mac250+ second hand, everything appears to be ok but it only seems to display half of the image (like a semi circle in open white). I have been through all the menu settings and cant find anything that will help this.

Does anyone know what this problem is and/or how to fix it?

Cheers,

Joe

There is a flashing message, but I am running it in stand alone so I assumed it was a no control signal message.

The flashing message appears to say 9oER (can never be sure with these lcd displays). My camera doesnt want to work at the mo so I cant take any pictures.

Cheers,

Joe

Hi

Sounds Like you have a gobo or colour wheel problem.

When you first turn it on after it resets do you get an error message on the display?

Doug Kelly

I agree with Doug in saying '9oER' (or goER as I'd probably see it) is a error with your gobo wheel - probably being the open position is half in or something si,ilar, creating the issue your experiencing.

I'm not overly familiar with the 250+s, but I presume one of the sensors has gone - perhaps a magnet - which is used so the fixture knows when to stop the wheel.

Try contacting Martin I'd say. Their support page may help:

http://www.martin.com/service/service.asp?...&support=Martin

And some contact details:

Martin Professional A/S

Olof Palmes Allé 18

8200 Aarhus N

Denmark

Telephone: +45 8740 0000

Fax: +45 8740 0010

E-mail: service@martin.dk

Stu

Thanks, after further tests im enclined to agree - the open setting on the gobo wheel appears to change - although this time the full circle is displayed. Think it might be worth ringing martin up.

I agree with Doug in saying '9oER' (or goER as I'd probably see it) is a error with your gobo wheel - probably being the open position is half in or something si,ilar, creating the issue your experiencing.

I'm not overly familiar with the 250+s, but I presume one of the sensors has gone - perhaps a magnet - which is used so the fixture knows when to stop the wheel.

Try contacting Martin I'd say. Their support page may help:

http://www.martin.com/service/service.asp?...&support=Martin

Martin Professional A/S

Olof Palmes Allé 18

8200 Aarhus N

Denmark

Stu

hello, I often repair martin macs, and know of most of the common faults. First thing I would check which I find the most common fault is take a close look at the sensor by the gobo wheel. If you take the lid off you see it directly above the gobo wheel. Check the solder joints. Usually what happens is you get a dry solder joint on the little jumper lead, which causes it to have an error. if this doesn't work. Check to see if the wheel moves round using the manual adjustment. it might be the gobo wheel stepper motor needs replacing. If none of this works then I suggest getting someone to look at it for you.

noisyboy 4

Hi

It is a gobo wheel error it could be one of a few things. Like noiseboy4 says check for a dry joint on the sensor board.

Check the gobo wheel actually moves can be done with the cover off and let it recal itself.

If the wheel does move it could be out of alignment with the sensor or the sensor could be duff. Realigning the wheel is quite easy but difficult to explain with out the light in front of you.

Where abouts are you based I don't mind showing you how to realign the wheel if you are local.

Doug Kelly

Edit Oops just looked at you profile and see you are in Birmingham.

Martin Professional A/S

Olof Palmes Allé 18

8200 Aarhus N

Denmark

Stu

...or you could try Martin in the UK on 01622 755442 and ask for Tech Support. They'll be happy to try and fix it over the phone (i.e. telling you what to do) and if it needs a part they'll take it in and do the repair. I'm afraid they're in Maidstone (Kent) so nowhere near you, but they're still closer than Denmark!

thanks guys,

yes it does spin and on the odd occasion ive tried it (sometimes after several resets) It gives me no error message and appears to work as normal. Just one of those things I guess.

Hi Joe

It does sound like the magnetic indexing is beginning to drift out of alignment.

I have found the page in my martin service manuals about adjusting the alignment. If you pm me your e-mail I'll scan it and send you a copy. And if anyone else wants a copy let me know.

Doug

• 8 years later...

Hi Joe

It does sound like the magnetic indexing is beginning to drift out of alignment.

I have found the page in my martin service manuals about adjusting the alignment. If you pm me your e-mail I'll scan it and send you a copy. And if anyone else wants a copy let me know.

Doug

Hi,Doug, any chance of a copy of the Gobo alignment pages, please. I have 3 x 250+ with 'goer' and I have changed Hall effect switch cards to no avail. I tried scoping the output from the Hall card and got a nice 5V output, so it must be timing alignment ? they line up physically. thanks Norman@star-light.co.uk.

Moderation: We don't usually resurrect old topics like this dead for nine years - but rather than split it out to a new topic, we'll leave this one for the old information that's present. It does, however, now hold the record for a delayed response to a question, as usually old members never spot a re-opening!

Archived