The Encounter at The Barbican

Tregilibob

Just to make sure that people are aware that 'The Encounter' is being broadcast live and free via the Conplicite website in Tuesday 1st March at 7:30pm.

After seeing it on opening night in London after it had been in Edinburgh and elsewhere, I think it is the most amazing piece of theatre created with 1 actor, lots of gear with all the ideas and numerous sound engineers. If you get the chance to see/hear it, please do. Binaural audio via headphones mean that it should convert to a streamed performance quite well.

Tregi

The sound setup in the auditorium was completely insane -- they had headphones on every seat being fed by a mini headphone amp strapped to the arm of every other seat, all running stereo XLR underneath the seats to a huge array of rack-mounted gear at the end. If I had to guess I would say the racks had some kind of Dante interface with a stack of XLR distribution amps. In the blackouts you could see the sides of the auditorium pulsing with the signal LEDs on all the gear.

Archived