Feedback on ETC Smartpacks

eamon

HI all

I am currently researching a possible expansion upgrade aspect of my current dimmer system.

I am looking at the ETC Smartpack as a possible extension to my current stock of 96 Rjuliat Dimmer, 24 x Strand wallrack and 6 x 5kw Paradigm dimmers.

I am looking at the Smartpacks due to some of the following factors:

a) Within my budget range

b) Seems ideal size and range etc.

c) The smart thru power option.

I am curious as to real world feedback on how people may have found these units. I am wondering if the 10amp trip is sufficient to run a normal 2kw load. I have seen chilli dimmers (older style) have a problem on the 10amp trips and they would nuisance trip all the time.

How "real" is the thru power? Is it via a relay and does it also suffer the nuisance aspects.

I am looking at the dimmer to augment the temporary circuits and also as a new FOH position etc.

Just looking for some feedback.

I have price replacements for what I have and the price is in a different league. The Robert Juliat units are workhorses and I do not wish to change them out. The option as stated, is allowing me to expand/future proof and not be caught out if I have a large scale failure etc.

Please see link to Smartpacks here

thanks in advance.

eamon

Edit: addition of link.

Archived