No longer self employed (tax return)

peza2010

I had a shortish spell of being self employed 3 years ago, and I think at the time of declaring I was no longer self employed, I came across information that explained I should send tax returns (all be it zero income) for the next 3 years.

I can no longer find any reference to that requirement and wanted to know if anyone on here found the same info, or knows the current policy for this?

According to this you just complete a return in the final year you stopped being self employed.

This form does not appear to have changed much since I used it to wind up my partners SA some years ago now.

E2A : HMRC continued to take class2 NIC for over a year despite numerous calls and letters/mails. I dare not cancel the DD just in case. Eventually, they stopped and payed it all back. As highlighted in other recent threads, HMRC is not fit for purpose...

Archived