Dante / Networking for sound

johnlinford

So it seems to me that the world of sound is rapidly getting a lot more like running a computer network. Can any of you recommend decent training resources I can use for people with virtually no knowledge of networking at all up to those who know about VPN, QoS etc but not Dante specifics. Paid courses are fine, online resources are good.

As a company we're now using these things much more, and recommendations of places to learn would be much appreciated. We're not shy of spending money on worthwhile training, but that said free resources are great too. I tend to prefer text to videos, but both can be useful tools.

The Audinate website has some useful training resources, geared towards people who have little to no understanding of computer networks.

SFL in Reading regularly do an excellent 1-day training course in Networking for Digital Audio (I did it a few years ago), which explains everything from basic networking theory through to configuring managed switches for Dante networks. I think it's only about £25pp, so IMO a no-brainer for anyone looking to learn about digital audio networks.

Archived