Purchase of Rear Projection material, where?

weazel91

Hey guys!

I have a production coming off which requires a very oddly sized screen and was looking to where to purchase a roll of rear projection material?

The screen material I would be looking for would be around 35ft wide by 10ft high (maybe more, no more than 20ft). We would look at making the frame for it to stretch and support.

Am I asking for something which is impossible or are there companies out there that would supply us with such?

Again like all posts any help is appreciated!

Cheers in advance,

Chris

We sell such things and are based not far from your place of employment...

Id suggest that you dont just buy material but get a froper folded and welded seam with eylets. You will find that stapleing a screen to a timber frame 35' across is almost impossible to do without ripples in the surface, but if theres a eyelets you can either use lacing cord or bungies or cable ties and a truss or scaff frame and get an even tension on the surface. It also makes the screen reusable .

if you are going for a surface as high as 20' , I should point out that we do have a 11.5m / 6.5m rear screen in hirestock which might simplify things...

I've always had mine custom made here. And a really nice company to deal with also.

They make screen in RP and FP in 2D and 3D.

Harkness Screens (UK) Ltd

Tel: +44 (0) 1438 725 200

Fax: +44 (0) 1438 344 400

Email: d.baxter@harkness-screens.com

Web: www.harkness-screens.com

Archived