Soundcraft UI16

whisky-zulu

Today I took my Ui16 for a spin; it wasn't its first rodeo either, but today I had a total loss of audio from the unit: mains and monitors. The web browser was still showing me signal on the channels though, and yes I'm pretty sure that I didn't hit the "mute all" button as nothing saying that I had flashed up on my screen. Sufficed to say that a quick turn it off and on again, and re-start the browser fixed the problem, but I was wondering if anyone else who is using the Ui series has encoutered a similar problem?

• 9 months later...

I had the same issue Last Saturday, part way through the gig and everything went off some sort of warning that it was unable to save or load snapshots, and silence, all the snapshots for that night were gone as was the export, when the export for the venue was loaded it was an old one, channels missing and howling feedback due to levels being wrong, not a good few mins...

also if anyone has an idea about this all the channels seem top be clipping, looking at the gain nothing is higher than -12 db but the clip lights are coming on on all the channels and then the leds go back to normal levels a bit confused on that one.

all I have is anecdotes from others - from what I hear, this is fairly common. I know a solo operator in the states that bought one having been a repeat soundcraft customer and ended up running it via a cat5 cable to laptop to bypass the router - not sure if you can fit an external router to these but if you can, I would give it a try and use the 5ghz frequency, which isn't crowded with mobile phones.

Archived