This is a ............?

Dj Dunc

Funnily enough a mate and I were talking about Language Labs the other day and wondering how long they staggered on in school use. One went into our new building in 1969 but had been long gone by 1990 and I never saw one in any school while I was still teaching and that was until 1997. As I recall we spent a good deal of the time as you'd expect doing written French in the cubicles and anyway to cut costs only half were fitted with self-op equipment. I'm pretty certain the decks were Tandbergs - but I think more recent than 1080.

Thanks guys. I think you are definitely on the money with the language lab side of things. If anyone wants any more pictures I can grab some better ones on Wednesday when I'm back in there. If anyone has any use for the switches, let me know as I suspect it's going to get scrapped as its not even in one piece anyway.

Archived