Stage Management Station

Hi I am currently looking at purchasing a stage management station but just thought I would see what advice you guys have. I don't have a large enough budget to purchase a ready made installed system and will need to by it in parts and install myself. I was wonder what parts of the system you believe are vital and any advice on particular model type of the equipment such as cue light systems and show camera. I have had a few quotes and I'm looking into a few alternatives but thought I would ask you guys before I make a choice. We already have a comms unit (HME wireless system and a very old Canford wired system that needs some repair) so this is a saving we can make and we have hard wired xlr points around the theatre space that I think I should be able to run the cue light stations from.

What sort of budget are you looking at?

I run cue lights, comms and camera. Never needed anything else.

That being said, my venue is small...but can't imagine you would need too much more than the three C's

Depends how you divvy up the responsibilities for a show, I guess. In our theatre we don't have seperate SM/DSM/ASM - there's just "the SM" who does the cue calling, making sure everyone is ready, pre show checks, announcements etc. Your needs may be different.

However, our station has control over:

Cue lights. These are dotted around the theatre, not just on stage, as we sometimes use the public access as voms as well an "airlock" in and out of the auditorium that the public doesn't have access to.

Tabs open/close

Bar bell

Comms ring

Stage workers off/on

Wings whites/blues

Various 12V circuits around the stage for doorbells, buzzers etc.

Telephone ringer circuit (switchable UK/US pattern).

Pager/PA to enable the SM to talk to dressing rooms for calls , front of house, auditorium, for announcements etc.

CCTV of the stage.

The station can be unplugged and set up in different locations e.g. for in the round or arena productions.

Archived