Avo Titan remote sluggish

numberwrong

Hi, I've never been able to get the Avo titan remote app to work particularly well.

It's always been sluggish and can only just about handle locating dimmers for focusing. Symptoms are, selecting a few dimmers and hitting locate will sometimes take 2 - 8 seconds to actually come on (if at all). you can forget trying to plot a position with a mover as there is way too much lag with what you scroll on the phone and when the mover moves. Sometimes there is no response even though the wifi single is about half way.

It's been the same with loads of different desks with different versions of the software (Tiger touch/Tiger touch 2/Quartz V8.1/V9.0/ V9.1)

For V9 I was using the V9 remote.

I have only ever used it with my access point which is a Mikro Tik mAP 2n and with my fairly new android phone.

http://linitx.com/product/mikrotik-routerboard-map2n-routeros-level-4-with-uk-psu/13976?gclid=COi8nsa0-8cCFUf3wgodKhIIag

I would typically only be 10 to 20 meters away with line of site to the access point and the wifi single is always ok. I've tried changing the ethernet cable and using the AP on usb power and psu power

Is this normal or is it something I'm doing? The mAP 2n has quite a lot of setting, could it be st up wrong? I'm not a networking wizard (although I have some knowledge).

Any thoughts?

I suspect that the Mikrotik is the source of your issue as it is not an access point (although it does contain an access point). The Mikrotik is a firewalling router that runs RouterOS. I use RouterBoards and RouterOS at work to provide Wi-Fi Hot Spots around the world where users have to login before they can access the Internet. If you have not got the firewall rules on RouterOS just right then access through them runs very slowly.

I suggest that you go for a simple access point such as a Netgear WN802T or WAC120. These are simple to configure sand provide a good level of coverage for the money.

Regards

Tom

CCNA, Juniper Certified Wi-Fi Engineer

Archived