Event 408 programming

Roderick

Ok, this has me baffled.

Recently acquired a Jands Event 408 console for a small production I am working on.

All the equipment are LED so I wrote the fixture profiles for each piece of equipment.

Using the programmer, select a fixture form the palette and all works smoothly, colours come up under Colour.

Record everything in a memory, so far so good.

But when I then try to load a memory in a Assign Fader, it will bring up all the colour details but not the 'intensity' channel.

As a result it remains rather dark on stage...

Pretty sure it is an operator error, it has been 15 years, but can't work out what I am doing wrong.

Any help out there?

Roderick

It looks like much of the problem was with the Fixture library.

Had to manually edit the profiles generated by the Jands Editor which enforces an Intensity entry that can't be edited - unless you open the file in Notepad.

One weird thing, although it may be purely accidental, to make everything work smoothly I need to patch a GoldenScan 3 too. There are no GS3 in the rig, it is just a dummyload in a corner of the desk but now all is fine. Halfway through programming, I am not game to change anything.

• 5 years later...

Hello,

First time registered user of this very informative forum, and I realize this is a very old thread, but it describes exactly the problem I am having.

I wonder if the original poster is still active or anyone else is able to assist.

In particular, referring to the last post on the topic, what particular edits were required to the fixture profiles?

I haven't yet tried the curious step of adding a "phantom" GoldenScan 3 into the rig and will try that next.

In the meantime, any other clues or assistance would be much appreciated.

Brendan