need help

gchris

Hi. I need help.I am going to buy two moving head lights but don't no what to get.

I don't have alot of money. hear are the lights I have to pic from I don't have a link.

Mini Legend by chauvet. it takes a ELC3 bulb 250 wts.

Hulk 150 it takes a ARC 150 bulb I don't no who makes it.

DJ SPOT 250 by american dj it takes a EHJ bulb 250wts.

What I need them to do is cut throw fog and par 64. and not just go 20feet and than you cant see them. Let me no what you guys think

Thank you

chris

and not just go 20feet and than you cant see them

When you are restricted by the amount of money you can spend this is quite an issue......most of the cheap movers are very dim (some of the expensive ones are too!)

I would never buy any Chauvet product, I've seen inside most of their products and in my opinion they really are the 'no frills' of manufacturers. Mind you I'm a bit biased as I've just bought a smoke machine from them that worked for a total of one week before completely burning out!

Check on Ebay...sometimes there are some pretty decent moving heads up for auction.

If you really have to stick to that list then I'd close your eyes and just point, whichever one your finger lands on then get it!!! :angry:

:rolleyes:

To cut through PAR64 you'll need at least 575W discharge with damn good optics.

Anything less will just disappear.

The three units you suggest are designed for the small DJ/club environment.

To cut through PAR64 you'll need at least 575W discharge with damn good optics.

Anything less will just disappear.

Thats not true!!!!

depending on the colour temp of the moving light in question most lamps will cut through a par 64.

I used to use 150w discharge lamps with loads of pars and the lamps always cut through.

Im using MSD250 lamps at the moment (spot 250xt) and they stand up brill against the brightest of generic rigs. I even put them on stage with a load of mac 500's and 600nt's and they still stood there ground.

I agree with chauvet they are not greatly made. I wouldnt go with halogen as they will be weak, you will see them but nothing to pack you go wow.

depending on your money I would go for something that has a 150 discharge lamp or above.

I would go for something from EVL, MAD or Robe. dont consider the mini mac its a little dim and not that sparkling.

do you have to go for movers? cant you get 4 decent 250MSD scanners?

EVL do some nice budget ones (budget but better made) or something from Robe? they will cost you more as they are high end fixtures, but not as ££££ as other manufacturers.

Really?

Our 1.2kW Cyberlights faded significantly against the larger PAR64 fans, unless the angle of the beam was sufficiently different and closer to the line out into the house.

Against an ACL fan they vanished entirely, (same caveat).

Most of the 250w units I have used were much less bright than a parcan, and colour temp makes no difference at all unless you're in open white.

I don't know about your style, but I don't use open white very much. When it gets used, it's for shock value!

well the I dont know what your doing tomo.

I have certainly never had a problem with lower powered lighting cutting through a large par rig.

I agree as you say the angle of the light plays a large part, but not a large part.

I have used 1.2kw cybers and most other high rated fixtures with LARGE par rigs and never had a problem.

And there is nothing wrong with my style :D

Archived