Trantec S5.3 Question

louisp

Hi there,

I am looking at purchasing a Trantek S5.3 'Racked N Ready' system and was hoping somebody could tell me what the 'Remote Kit' actually is?

They seem to come in 2 price sets, the cheaper being listed as not including the remote kit however I have been unable to find much information as to what the difference really is.

Hope you can help,

Thanks,

Louis

My understanding of the remote kit is it's the remote antennae, amplifiers, cables and mic stands to put them on.

Looking at the studiospares listings and the remote kit ones have the above stuff on an additional photograph. The non remote kit ones don't.

Hi Louis

Just buy the paddle antennae and the amps that attach to the paddles.

Avoid the overpriced flimsy mic stands and the stupidly expensive BNC cables that you can buy from just about anywhere for a fraction of the price!

Also... PM sent.

Regards

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Louis

Just buy the paddle antennae and the amps that attach to the paddles.

Avoid the overpriced flimsy mic stands and the stupidly expensive BNC cables that you can buy from just about anywhere for a fraction of the price!

Also... PM sent.

Regards

Tony

Only issue with that Tony is that tranttec don't use a standard bnc connection, instead opting for a threaded connector, the name of which escapes me.

Only issue with that Tony is that tranttec don't use a standard bnc connection, instead opting for a threaded connector, the name of which escapes me.

They used to use TNC (Threaded Neill Concelman) connectors on the early 5.3 / 5.5 racks, however for the last three years or so, they have moved over to BNC,

You can get TNC-BNC adaptors cheaply if, as we do, you have a mix of old & new

Archived