Strand GSX Desk

JohnMac

Hi folks,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to source some linear potentiometers for the sub-master faders on the GSX.

I've also have question to ask, the desk all of a sudden has failed to boot up. But if I disconnect the fader panel, machine fires up

reports "ERROR! Hardware No Fader Tile", and on pressing "ABORT" key, The cold start carries on and desk boots up and appears to function.

The desk recently had a mouldy battery, and some of the copper tracks were eaten away, I think the tracks and though hole plated holes have been repaired

but have I missed something?

I think the fader tile is causing the power supply rails to be dragged too low for the electronics to operate,

it may be I've still got a high impedance copper track which generates too much of a voltage drop with increasing current,

Oh Hum! now that's a thought, time to go back to look at the board

Any help gratefully accepted

Kind Regards

John Mac.

The submaster panel is identical to the one on the MX and I've seen whole MX desks knocking around quite cheaply so might be worth bearing in mind if nothing else turns up.

It might look the same from outside but the PCB , and connectors, are different.

Or they are on the GSX and old, for spares, MX desk I have.

The individual resistor sliders and buttons are the same.

Cheers

Gerry

Aha well I took that straight from the Service Manual:

http://s24.postimg.org/5y5428bg5/Untitled.png

But there could be a different versions of the hardware out there or I could have misunderstood. Good you mentioned it!

OOPS!

When I posted my reply I wasn't at home and was replying from memory. It seems I need to change my battery as my memory ids malfunctioning.

It is an old LX desk I have for spares. Externally the tile looks like the MX, GX, LBX ones but , as I said, with different PCBs and internal connectors.

Sorry

Gerry

Thank you all for your help and contributions both in private and public.

I've found an analogue LX12 desk,(off Ebay), which I'll recycle the 10K Linear potentiometers off.

Waiting on some other bits to change on the fader board, (capacitors and CMOS multiplexer).

Regards

John Mac.

Archived