Unions

I have recently moved form the indusrty into teaching/technician work in a 6th form college, I was wondering if there was anyone else out there who has done the same and if so which union they have joined? also if anyone is paid pro-rata, have they got a retainer written into their contract???

any direction would make this minefiled so much easier

cheers

I have recently moved form the indusrty into teaching/technician work in a 6th form college, I was wondering if there was anyone else out there who has done the same and if so which union they have joined? also if anyone is paid pro-rata, have they got a retainer written into their contract???

any direction would make this minefiled so much easier

cheers

ATL (Association of Teachers & Lecturers) have a technician section. Apart from giving them money, and getting a mag every so often, I've had no contact with them so far; so I can't comment on whether they are any good or not...

Yes, I too have sold my sole to an educational establishment (more money, less hours!)

Myself and technicians from other department are all members of Unison. They keep me well informed, and because it is such a large organization we have a rep on site.

Archived