S4s and Showtec MultiProfiles

KindredHyperion

A friend of mine told me about some of these - "Showtec Multiprofiles" I think they're called. As the link above says, they are basically a "Source 4 copy @ half the price!" >_>

I was just wondering if anyone had used them before and whether or not they actually compare with the original S4s. They are cheap though, at £140!

Thanks,

Adam

Seeing as there is very little out there which compares to a S4 from any of the major manufacturers, I doubt very much that a 'no name' product could come even close to being as good as a S4.

Seeing as you can pick up 2nd hand S4s for the same price, you'd have a better bet doing that.

Stu

Guest lightnix

Agreed. Intellectual Property issues aside, the simple fact is that cheap copies don't generally last as long or perform as well as the originals. They frequently use inferior materials and are often a false economy.

As Stu says, if you want good kit at a low price, at least go for second hand S4s.

No disrespect to Mr. Need, BTW :)

No problems Lightnix!

We have looked at these profiles and find them to be preety darn good. Added to the fact that you can buy a 5 or 10 degree lens for about £50, they do fill a gap in the market. The build quality if not up to ETC's standard and the gate burns slightly hotter. However, all this said at done at £140 I guess it's aimed at schools, Am.Drams and the smaller venue. in the same way a Thomas PAR64 is not the same as a Showtec PAR. Budgets are budgets at the end of the day - and if someone needs 6 profiles for less than a grand: I don't think you can go wrong with these profiles!

Archived