MagicQ Unpatching / Deleting Fixtures

GRisdale

I'm sure this is very simple, but in the meantime it's thoroughly annoying. I have some fixtures in a MagicQ show that I want to delete. I can "unpatch" them fine, so the DMX address becomes "unpatched", but the fixture remains in the fixtures list. How do I get rid of them from here??? :angry:

Thanks,

Gareth.

I'm sure this is very simple, but in the meantime it's thoroughly annoying. I have some fixtures in a MagicQ show that I want to delete. I can "unpatch" them fine, so the DMX address becomes "unpatched", but the fixture remains in the fixtures list. How do I get rid of them from here??? :angry:

Thanks,

Gareth.

Go to patch view, press remove button [rem], the desk then prompts you to select the fixture you want to remove, select the fixture you want to remove using the head type column, select yes in the pop up confirmation box and the fixture is gone.

Hope this helps

Joe

Go to patch view, press remove button [rem], the desk then prompts you to select the fixture you want to remove...

Hope this helps

Joe

When I press [rem] nothing happens... I get no prompt. The [rem] button does work outside of the patch view. Inside patch view the [cpy] and [mve] buttons work as expected... Maybe it's a bug. Am running MagicQ PC on a Mac (version 1.6.6.8).

Gareth

Go to patch view, press remove button [rem], the desk then prompts you to select the fixture you want to remove...

Hope this helps

Joe

When I press [rem] nothing happens... I get no prompt. The [rem] button does work outside of the patch view. Inside patch view the [cpy] and [mve] buttons work as expected... Maybe it's a bug. Am running MagicQ PC on a Mac (version 1.6.6.8).

Gareth

Not sure then, I am running exactly the same setup (Mac with MagicQ Version 1.6.6.8), just checked and it is working for me. Sound like you have a bug on your install, can't see any similar on the Chamsys Issue log. Only suggestion would be to reinstall and hope that solves it.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Joe

There are no reported issues with removing fixtures in current versions. Might be worth checking MagicQ is not in Safe mode with modifications disabled.

(Setup > View Settings > A Encoder, Play Mode = Normal)

Long as this is set to Normal, in Patch, when you Press 'rem' you should see the Remove - Select playback or window item prompt in the lower right command box.

Then click on the fixture to remove.

patch_800.png

Archived