X32 Rack used as a stagebox

DaleBoy74

Hi all, I have just added the X32 rack to my inventory and I am trying to set it up as a 2nd stagebox with an S16, all 32 inputs & 16 outputs seem to be working fine, does anyone know if I can use the Aux (TRS) inputs on the rack and control them on the desk? So far I can't see how to do it, if it can be done at all.

Cheers

This has just been discussed in the last couple of days on the monster X32 thread in another place. Brian jojade notes:

The aux outs aren't able to be directly mapped like the XLR outputs are, so you have to do some maneuvering to make it happen.

The most direct way to do it is in the routing tab, under 'home' change aux in remap to select the AES source for the aux. Note that you only have the option of AES channels 1-6 to work with. Make sure you present your audio from the FOH on those channels. This is an annoying limitation, as I like to present the audio inputs from the console to match and would love the aux channels to be 33-40, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

So now you've re-mapped the aux inputs of the mixer to read from the AES input. Next is to go to the aux out tab and select the aux out jack you want to work with. Here, you select the output signal. Select DirOut Aux 1. The tap point should be at IN/LC. That way what's being presented as Aux 1 will then come out the Aux 1 jack for you. Repeat for Aux 2.

Thanks David, I'll have a look

This has just been discussed in the last couple of days on the monster X32 thread in another place. Brian jojade notes:

The aux outs aren't able to be directly mapped like the XLR outputs are, so you have to do some maneuvering to make it happen.

The most direct way to do it is in the routing tab, under 'home' change aux in remap to select the AES source for the aux. Note that you only have the option of AES channels 1-6 to work with. Make sure you present your audio from the FOH on those channels. This is an annoying limitation, as I like to present the audio inputs from the console to match and would love the aux channels to be 33-40, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

So now you've re-mapped the aux inputs of the mixer to read from the AES input. Next is to go to the aux out tab and select the aux out jack you want to work with. Here, you select the output signal. Select DirOut Aux 1. The tap point should be at IN/LC. That way what's being presented as Aux 1 will then come out the Aux 1 jack for you. Repeat for Aux 2.

They can - the auxes can be sent to AES50 at the Rack end and the Auxes at the console end can be re-mapped to AES50 input.

The only thing is the Aux In remap at the console end can only be set to AES50 values 1-6 - so if you plan to send from the auxes at the rack into the Aux channels at FOH, then you need to run all your standard rack channels starting with AES50 channel 9. Don't change this during a show run if you're using remote headamps as it knackers everything as the head-amp is tied to the AES50 channel.

That description above is a little more complex, as that's using the auxes as a tie-line routing directly from aux in jack at the rack to the aux out jack at the FOH console. The last step is unnecessary, don't need to change any aux out routing unless you are planning to use it in that way.

http://s23.postimg.org/f41a8pb96/Screen_Shot_2015_07_08_at_21_29_57.jpg

http://s2.postimg.org/4valqyxu0/Screen_Shot_2015_07_08_at_21_22_40.jpg

Archived