10.10.3 & Mbox 2 Mini Driver Issue

bamba

Hi all,

I have an issue regarding my Audio Interface. I'm currently using a Digidesign Mbox 2 Mini (now owned by Avid).

Sadly my new Macbook is 10.10.3 (Yosemite) and Avid haven't updated the drivers for this interface!

I use this interface for playing back tracks from the Mac and EQing the room / RTA work, so it's really crucial that I can get it working again ASAP!

I have tried installing older versions of the drivers (as others have had success with this method) but to no avail.

Apart from Partitioning the HDD and putting the partition back to an older OSX is there any way to rescue the situation.

I have contacted AVID - they were particularly unhelpful, and so I wouldn't recommend chatting to them!

Looking forward to your responses!

Unfortunately I think you're out of luck: I have the same interface and I never got it working in OSX 10.9 never mind 10.10. AVID dropped support for the Mbox 2 series last year - they're over a decade old. They therefore won't be updating the Mac or Windows drivers for them any more. A quick search on the DUC indicates some people have had some luck with workarounds to get them to work but not 100% reliably.

Hmmm I have an m-box 2 and have been using it OK to record with Logic Pro X. I am using 10:10:3 on a late 2013 macbook pro.

Have you gone into the mac system preferences and assigned it as the input and output before opening up any software?

I also have a tascam US-366 so don't know if the drivers for that have made it work OK?

Have you gone into the mac system preferences and assigned it as the input and output before opening up any software?

I also have a tascam US-366 so don't know if the drivers for that have made it work OK?

Yeah, I have tried that.. I guess I could download the tascam driver and see what happens!

Archived