lighting visualiser

Dmx512

Hi

Any opinions on the best wysiwyg type lighting visualiser to aid pre show programming ?

"Best" is a difficult one to answer. How much do you want to spend and what console are you using? Some consoles have a reasonable visualiser built in. For external software the usual candidates are Wysiwyg itself, Capture Polar/Argo, Light Converse. Someone just showed me Realizzer which I hadn't come across before.

If you only use 1 universe the basic edition of Capture Argo is pretty good for about £250. Also Capture will talk back to the Pearl so you can select fixtures by clicking on the visualisation. Have a look at the websites of the various products to compare features.

I looked into them all before getting Capture. Its by far the best value. Whether its the best or not couldnt say. But one universe at £250 is amazing. Shame that there is no intermediary version for two. Next version up is over a grand.

Archived