Madrix - Diagonal patch?

robocow

I have a large number of RGB LED strips of effectively a universe per strip to use diagonally.

Anyone have an intelligent and quick way to do it?! Patching manually could be a nightmare!

I'm sorry - I think I've missed something here...

You asked the folk who created a piece of software for a quick way of controlling some equipment with their software and their response is to use a custom fixture and you take umbrage at that?

Surely - that is the quick way? Create a custom fixture then assign that fixture times however many strips it relates to, then let the software assign addresses...

The tone of your post would suggest that you expected them to do all that for you, which isn't especially fair is it? Unless of course you're offering them some money to do it for you as a project.

It's a fine line between product support and solving a customers problems for free when the wrong product might have been purchased - I don't think it warrants the tone of your posts though...

But then I'm old and curmudgeonly (so I'm told) B-)

I'm sorry - I think I've missed something here...

You asked the folk who created a piece of software for a quick way of controlling some equipment with their software and their response is to use a custom fixture and you take umbrage at that?

Surely - that is the quick way? Create a custom fixture then assign that fixture times however many strips it relates to, then let the software assign addresses...

The tone of your post would suggest that you expected them to do all that for you, which isn't especially fair is it? Unless of course you're offering them some money to do it for you as a project.

It's a fine line between product support and solving a customers problems for free when the wrong product might have been purchased - I don't think it warrants the tone of your posts though...

But then I'm old and curmudgeonly (so I'm told) B-)

I take your point, but I am annoyed at having to do a fair old bunch of work from a feature that really should be in the software to start with.

Note that to get a diagonal in every direction you have to create a fixture 4 times... at if you see the basic tool provided this is like trying to paint a 170 pixel bitmap, but only by typing in the channel and coordinates for each pixel.

I too am oldish and possibly quick to take 'umbrage' (good word) at things that just should be there.

The distributor was quite understanding, noting that this request was not uncommon and had been requested may times, possibly the source of my annoyance.

Madrix is otherwise great at what it does - controlling lots of LEDs / pixels. To be fair all the mapping 'tools' for all the cheaper products aren't great.

Archived