GrandMA2 Lite Console

Thomas1987

Hi all,

Working for a theatre with a GrandMA 2 Lite console. All is fine but I'm trying to get some use out of the iPad app.

Our control position is not ideal, and I'd love to be able to sit through a run through in the audience and run cues, and make minor alterations to cues and save them.

We've programmed a Macro for the Go button, as there is no Go Button on the default iPad app. However, there is no access to layout view so you can see fixture numbers and where they are, and you also can't see your cue stack not he iPad.. So:

If I can't get layout view on the iPad app, can I get a screen print of the layout view? Is there a way of screen grabbing this and also the cue stack? If I can have a printed out version of these screens, I can run things blind - its not ideal, but at least I can spot a darker area, find the appropriate light on the layout printout, and add it to the relevant cue, by using the printed versions.

I'm surprised with the GrandMA app, in comparison with every sound desk app its very basic and fussy. Appreciate its not as simple as a sound desk one, but this would be a winning feature, to the extent I would pay extra for a decent app.

The online manual is also fairly useless. Its a shame, as coming from an Avo life, I love the GrandMA, but the lack of support is infuriating.

Rant over, any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I feel your pain. The MA remote is not the best but it gets the job done.

But there is another option.

Iwing is an iPad app that does what you are asking but not Layout view.

As you get more into the MA2 you will realise why that sort of connectivity is not on a remote. Stick with the MA2 you will love it.

Anyway here are some links

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iwing/id568723803?mt=8

https://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/app/iwing/

Make sure you read the information about the macro you need to add and network settings.

More importantly SAVE YOUR SHOW BEFORE YOU TRY THIS.

The Macro sets up lots of faders to link to so test it before you commit to it.

If your showfile is yet to be programmed then add the Macro and iWing app first and you should be good to go.

If you are not sure how to add the Macro use the import function or PM and I`ll help you out.

An update of the MA Remote for iPad software was released yesterday, stating support for V3.1, so that indicates this update may be on the horizon... More importantly, 3.1 will have inbuilt webserver control, so it's hoped that we can sack off the rubbish iPad app and use that instead...

But I have to agree with theatretechie; stick it out with MA2. It's totally worth it.

Archived