Asset Database and PAT

stagey

Hello everyone,

I'm Senior Tech at a mid-scale venue, and the time has come to replace our aged PAT machine. We're also looking to renew our current record keeping for electrical appliances.

Do people have any recommendations on PAT machines and Asset Register software? It would be lovely to have a system that can log PAT/Maintenance on our Electrical items, ideally syncing with PAT data from the machines, but also can track inspections of other items such as rigging hardware.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I'm Senior Tech at a mid-scale venue, and the time has come to replace our aged PAT machine. We're also looking to renew our current record keeping for electrical appliances.

Do people have any recommendations on PAT machines and Asset Register software? It would be lovely to have a system that can log PAT/Maintenance on our Electrical items, ideally syncing with PAT data from the machines, but also can track inspections of other items such as rigging hardware.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Funnily enough, I'm was recently on a similar quest, although I wanted something to deal with bookings too- I didn't end up finding anything that worked exactly how I wanted, so I'm now in the process of writing a new piece of software to do the jobs!

Or Protonic software's EasyJob will do PAT and asset management as well as bookings. I think the single user version is FOC from what I can make out on the website. It integrates well with the Seaward Supernova, and has Barcode asset tracking from the get go.

We ended up writing our own system using Filemaker. It's not a path I'd recommend unless you're already familiar with the software, but I found it easier to tailor something to the way we worked, rather than changing the way we worked to suit the software.

When PAT testing, I use the machine in manual mode and just make a note of each test result in the database, rather than going through the stupid automated mode that the machine insists upon if results are to be saved. (Newer machines might be a bit more user friendly in this regard)

Archived