Internal monitor on MQ60

vinntec

We are down to a single stylus for our Chamsys MQ60 so time to get some more. The question is, should we get the slightly more expensive capacitive ones or simple plastic ones as we use now? It all depends on whether the touch screen on the internal console is resistive (plastic is fine) or capacitive (capacitive stylus is better). I can't see any clues in any of the MQ60 documentation, but might have to eat my hat when James come on!

We are down to a single stylus for our Chamsys MQ60 so time to get some more. The question is, should we get the slightly more expensive capacitive ones or simple plastic ones as we use now? It all depends on whether the touch screen on the internal console is resistive (plastic is fine) or capacitive (capacitive stylus is better). I can't see any clues in any of the MQ60 documentation, but might have to eat my hat when James come on!

Our consoles are designed so that the touchscreens can be used with something as simple and cheap as one of these:

http://thinkofthat.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/BICcristal2008-03-26-450px.jpg

(a.k.a - resistive)

Hi Luke - OK that makes sense, thanks. Which explains why plastic works fine (although MQ80 might be different). So we can stick with those. (Thanks also csg).

MQ80 uses the same type of resistive touchpanel so it'll work in the same way as the MQ Compact and our MQ100 range.

The MQ1000, when it's released, will have full multitouch functionality in MagicQ, and therefore requires a capacitive touch to get this to work. But if someone buys one, then I'm sure they could probably afford the £2.50 for a capacitive stylus!

Hi Luke - yes it makes sense when you say it. Typical MQ60 comes out on tour - that's not a time for looking in the bottom of the bag for a fancy stylus, when a finger or back of a biro will do just as well and more likely to be around! The only problem with a finger is that some of the selections, such as selecting a cue in the cue list, is too narrow to be done reliably. About the only minus mark for the MQ60 - apart from the wobbly feet they all seem to have!

Archived