Projector suppliers

J Pearce

A church I have advised on technical bits for some years have found the funds to replace their 15 year old projector, which died earlier this year.

The rough spec I have suggested to them is 5000 lumen plus, probably still 4:3 due to the existing screen, which is not easily replaced, needs horizontal and vertical lens shift due to the awkward positioning of the screen and projector fly point; and finally the expensive bit, it sits on the back wall to hit a screen on the front wall, so needs a long throw lens (it would not be possible to use a drop pole further forwards due to the design of the ceiling). Throw is 15m and screen is 3m wide (4:3).

The lens in the old projector (Mitsubishi 3000 lumen) is a fixed angle and I am advising they replace it with a zoom to give more flexibility with positioning (sometimes the projector is refocused onto the back wall of the stage rather than the screen to one side).

VGA and composite inputs are required, auto shutdown would be handy, other inputs and features are nice but not a deal breaker. They'd also need a new Unicol bottom plate to fit their existing pole and tilt frame.

While I've used a lot of video kit, I've never bought any, so who would people recommend for a quote to supply? (PMs welcome)

Hi Jon,

I would be happy to quote this for you. Email me with your exact requirements and I will get a quote to you within 24 hours.

damian@consultancyteam.uk

Thanks

Damian

A church I have advised on technical bits for some years have found the funds to replace their 15 year old projector, which died earlier this year.

The rough spec I have suggested to them is 5000 lumen plus, probably still 4:3 due to the existing screen, which is not easily replaced, needs horizontal and vertical lens shift due to the awkward positioning of the screen and projector fly point; and finally the expensive bit, it sits on the back wall to hit a screen on the front wall, so needs a long throw lens (it would not be possible to use a drop pole further forwards due to the design of the ceiling). Throw is 15m and screen is 3m wide (4:3).

The lens in the old projector (Mitsubishi 3000 lumen) is a fixed angle and I am advising they replace it with a zoom to give more flexibility with positioning (sometimes the projector is refocused onto the back wall of the stage rather than the screen to one side).

VGA and composite inputs are required, auto shutdown would be handy, other inputs and features are nice but not a deal breaker. They'd also need a new Unicol bottom plate to fit their existing pole and tilt frame.

While I've used a lot of video kit, I've never bought any, so who would people recommend for a quote to supply? (PMs welcome)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived