Jump to content

Creative Industy Safety Passport Vs Event Safety Passport

Recommended Posts

As the number of shows that I do each year increases, I feel that I should get myself some training on safety procedures, risk assessments, etc. A friend has recommended the BECTU "Creative Industry Safety Passport", which looks like a great option. However, I realise that there are a number of alternatives out there, of which the "Event Safety Passport" is the most obvious.


I mostly do sound (and occasional small scale lighting) for shows in local theatres and halls, and the BECTU course sounds like it is ideal. Is this qualification/passport widely recognised in the industry, or are there better alternatives? There only seem to be a few courses held per year, which makes me suspicious that it hasn't had a huge takeup.


Can anyone advise?








Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...