Data Bay 301 series VGA distribution not connecting

Andrew Edwards

We have two 301R and two 301T. We have been using them problem free for a number of years.

Recently we have been unable to get them to connect. We have tried all combinations of boxes and they exhibit different behaviour.

One of the transmitters when connected to the either of the other receivers, continues to flash the LEDs (a 'nothing is connected' condition).

The other transmitter when connected to one of the receivers, has solid LEDs (a 'connected' condition) but at the receiver end they are not very bright and no image is present but there is an intermittent blanking of the projector. When connected to the other receiver, we only have solid LEDs at the transmitter end; the receiver continues to flash.

We have substituted computer, projector and interconnecting RJ patch cables of various lengths including 50cm. We also checked the integrity of both propriety VGA/USB/JACK fly leads and they too appear to be faultless.

I am at a loss to fathom how all 4 boxes appeared to have failed simultaneously. One pair over night and then the other pair also didn't work having sat in a drawer since the beginning of the year and previously working fine.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

Hi Andrew

First thought have you reset the MAC/PC Resolution to within the 301 parameters

I had this and nothing would transmit until I reset the resolution to 800 x 600 and then back up again to 1024 x 768.

or has someone put a higher voltage transformer on to it?

PJ

My link to manual if you need it

Archived