projector spares worth selling?

Impact Pete

Hi I have got a clients broken Hitachi CPX1250 projector (it has blue cancer type spots all over it) I suggested to them I might be able to sell parts on to go towards their new one purchased recently, basically is it worth selling the below as a bundle or splitting it and trying the different parts on forums/auction sites?

Available CPX1250 not usable in current condition

Lamp inside which has had low use

spare lamp which was replaced due to age but works

standard throw lense

fixed short lense FL501 I think

Any options advice is welcomed and if allowed any suggested resale prices for the bits

thank you

As a 7 year old projector (if you bought the last one off the production line) - straight in the bin. Used lamp - send to be recycled - Hardly worth trying to sell as pretty much any discerning buyer would steer clear of used lamps - especially if it does not track the hours (like some of the larger more expensive projector lamps do). Maybe list the lenses on fleabay - but probably looking at the low tens of pounds. The equivalent brightness projector which is HD is about US$2500. Maybe US$3500 for laser. 1024x768 resolution projectors are a dime a dozen (I can get a pallet load of them for about $100 at auction houses around Australia)

As a 7 year old projector (if you bought the last one off the production line) - straight in the bin. Used lamp - send to be recycled - Hardly worth trying to sell as pretty much any discerning buyer would steer clear of used lamps - especially if it does not track the hours (like some of the larger more expensive projector lamps do). Maybe list the lenses on fleabay - but probably looking at the low tens of pounds. The equivalent brightness projector which is HD is about US$2500. Maybe US$3500 for laser. 1024x768 resolution projectors are a dime a dozen (I can get a pallet load of them for about $100 at auction houses around Australia)

projector is scrap but I have sold in the past lamps second hand with as much as 1600hrs of the 2000hrs gone for £30 as people still like to have a quick cheap backup even if it is not nearly as bright, will have a go one day soon on auction sites not really worth my time at moment, I also have a unicol bracket with it so that may fetch a few pounds

looking at recent sales on auction sites a fully working one seemed to of gone anywhere between £40 and £200 working with lamp but can't see any lenses that sold so they may be my best bet, even £20 for a lense would be good anything that is useful to someone and doesn't end as landfill is good in my opinion

Archived